- Since 1991 – informal gatherings of artists in an abandoned building at Užupio str. 2A.
- In 1995 the Galera gallery is established. The first exhibitions are launched.
- In 1996 the alternative art centre Užupis-2 is founded. It brought together local artists, organised festivals and other events.
- In 1998, the residents of Užupis establish the symbolic Republic of Užupis, a unique entity with its own President, anthem, Constitution, currency, festivals and traditions.
- In 2000, a sculpture alley is created in the Galera courtyard.
- In 2002 Užupis Art Incubator is established.
- In 2014 the UAI exhibition and residence space “Hill” (Krivių str. 12) opens.
- The Information Centre of the Republic of Užupis, also known as “Magnets and Wonders”, opens its doors in 2017.
Today, the Užupis Art Incubator is a more than 1500 m² space for residencies and creative collaboration.
- The vision of UAI is to incubate public, insolent, Užupis-based artists.
- The mission of the UAI is to promote, support and strengthen the dialogue between society and creators, as well as the entrepreneurship of young creators in the creative and cultural industries.
- By the river or on a hill? UAI “Galera” (Užupio str. 2A) and “Hill” (Krivių str. 12) are spaces for the dissemination of creative processes, focused on the publicity of the creative process.
- From painting to digital design. The Užupis Art Incubator houses over 30 workspaces, where artists from various fields and representatives of creative industries reside. The average duration of residence is 3-5 years.
- The process, then the result. Studio work, exhibitions, workshops, artist exchange programmes, contemporary art projects – where action and ideas are born every day.
- We are open and willing to be friends. Visitors of all ages and interests can take part in the educational programmes, open lectures and various project activities of Užupis Art Incubator. Many activities are free of charge.